Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Daylight Savings Hangover

Daylight Savings totally did a number on me today.  I am in a complete haze and no matter how many cups of coffee I drink, I can't seem to shake this nagging feeling of total exhaustion that has consumed my body.  As I sit her on my couch writing and watching "Drake and Josh" and answering my son's umpteenth question of the day, all I want to do is take a nap - or find some cheesy 80's movie that I can fall asleep to without interruptions. 
Before I had kids, I used to look forward to lazy Sundays where I had nothing on my agenda and would be content watching a movie marathon in my pajamas.  But now that I'm constantly pulled in a million directions, there is no rest for the weary.  I've got a one hour break before my daughter gets back from her gymnastics class and then we're off to the movies.  From there, we'll grab a light bite for dinner and wind up in the supermarket before it closes so I can get milk and juice for the kids' breakfast tomorrow.  Then it's bath time, pajama time, brushing teeth and lights out.  Just thinking about the rest of the day makes me want to pass out. 
That's it.  I'm ditching Drake and Josh and hitting the living room where I can flick on the tube and get lost in another decade for the next 45 minutes.  Nothing like a Brat Pack marathon to shake off the daylight savings blahs.

No comments:

Join our Growing Role Mommy Community!
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

We Made the Cool Mom Picks Mother's Day Gift Guide...Rock On!!!

Cool Mom Picks Mother's Day Guide

The Case for Peeing in Peace...

Watch this Oprah Video and be Inspired...